Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mesh

This is something I intended to post back when it was published in December 2009.

I had the privilege of interviewing my friend and associate, Martha Engber. The link of the article in the Santa Clara Weekly is http://scw.tearn.com/2009/12/santa-claran-launches-literary-novel.html

I met Martha some time ago at a meeting of the South Bay Chapter of the California Writers Club. I am best known as a poet there.
Who knew that years later I would be writing a story about Martha Engber for the newspaper, while I was wearing my journalist hat.

In my work as a reporter, I meet people from all walks of life. In fact, I was recently asked to speak at a retirement hotel by one of my former interviewees. My topic is what it is like to be a writer.

It is always an inspiration to see how different facets of one's life overlap. My next blog post will continue with another unforeseen outcome and connection. Stay tuned... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment