Monday, January 18, 2010

Class Act

A word to the wise. I was asked to write for an anthology about women a couple of years ago and my piece was rejected because my research sources became quickly outdated, due to being online sites.

However, I did refer the anthology compilers and editors to other potential contributors. I had forgotten all about my disappointment with the aforementioned project, to which I had dedicated much toil and time, and was pleasantly surprised when the book was published. A contributor whom I had recommended and had been accepted, wrote to me and said that in the beginning pages of the anthology, I was thanked by name for referring contributors.

So, I am looking forward to reading "Contemporary American Women: Our Defining Passages."
I suggest you do the same. The class act editors are Carol Smallwood and Cynthia Vincent-Brackett.

No comments:

Post a Comment