Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ego Boost

Upon attending the Poetry and Music To Celebrate Christmas at St. Mark's in Santa Clara, I was surprised to hear from the person sitting in front of me, Bill Costley, that he had sent a copy of an newspaper article, which I had written that included info about him, to the archives of his alma mater. He had also mailed this same article which had been published in the Santa Clara Weekly to his friend in northern England. I felt like I had made a difference in his life and that was very gratifying.

Bill has a blog also. He also writes poetry about news! The site where you can read his poetry is www.newversenews.com To read his blog, go to www.costleybill7.blogspot.com

The first Santa Clara County poet laureate Nils Peterson touchingly read his own Christmas poetry, as well as selections from Garrison Keillor and Jean Shepherd at the aforementioned event. The Symphony Silicon Valley Singers sang magnificently under the direction of Elena Sharkova. I will include a poem or two written by Nils Peterson in my blog next week to mark the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment