Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Like Minds

Recently I learned that a friend of mine had met a local poet. My friend is a caregiver in a facility which houses those whom have suffered strokes and the like. This friend told me she had told the local poet about my work as a poet and that the local poet wanted to meet me.

Imagine my surprise and humility when I met someone who is well-known and published. We exchanged books wherein we had our works. Mine were simply in an anthology; hers was one of many which contained works only by her. She even signed it to me and encouraged me to continue writing poetry and offered me assistance if I needed it. I couldn't believe my fortune in having met such a kind and sensitive creator, so unaffected by her fame.

In addition, it was revealed that the local poet who was temporarily laid up with the results of the stroke, was close friends with another poet whom I have befriended. It is amazing how poets communicate with the same soul language and how we gravitate towards like minds.


No comments:

Post a Comment