Thursday, September 10, 2009

Colleagues

It is important to network and meet people in the same field. Pat Nipper is someone I met at a class which focused on starting your own critique group, led by Martha Alderson. Pat went on to do just that, start a critique group. I became her first member. Because of her leadership of the group, the growth of my writing was facilitated.

Pat and I became good friends as well as associates. She has sent ideas and listings of writing opportunities my way.

Recently, she passed on a gem I wanted to share. We were talking about writing books, ( and Pat has had several creations published), and she said that the question that is asked by most authors when they tackle that project is: "What If?" At the time we were chatting about the book, "The Time Traveler's Wife." In that particular case, the question the author posed was "What if time travel were possible?"

Pat Nipper's website is www.patdeckernipper.com/index.html She is also quite the grammar guru.

No comments:

Post a Comment