Monday, June 15, 2009

3 Tips/Learning for Free

Today is a random day, since I am at Starbucks writing this due to no DSL.  I intend to add my favorite blogs soon to this page.  And the server I am using is free also, by the way.

The first tip I have is that in response to a friend's friend asking me the question, press releases are best sent via a service by e-mail.  Newspapers are no longer the best way to go. This info was learned in a free teleconference offered by The San Francisco Writers Conference.

The second tip I gained by going to a free seminar from an eWomen associate and involves Linked In.  It appears that if you are looking for employment through Linked In, the more endorsements you have there, the better.

And, finally, regarding my search for a book topic, an associate from South Bay California Writers Club offered the suggestion that I read non-fiction books to see what speaks to me and incorporate the subject that resonates even in a fiction book.

If you have any questions you would like me to address, please don't hesitate to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment